Friday, August 7, 2009

Abraham Lincoln Famous Quotes

If you look for the bad in people, you will surely find it.
~Author : Abraham Lincoln Famous Quotes

Everyone makes a greater effort to hurt other people than to help himself.
~Author : Alexis Carrel Inspirational Sayings

'Bury me on my face,' said Diogenes and when he was asked why, he replied, 'Because in a little while everything will be turned upside down.'
~Author : Laertius Diogenes Nice Quotes

It is the action of an uninstructed person to reproach others for his own misfortune; of one entering instruction, to reproach himself; and one perfectly instructed, to reproach neither others nor himself.
~Author : Epictetus Enchiridion Great Sayings

Friends are great and always seem to work by the appropriate will of God.
~Author : Jason Mraz Meaningful Sayings

Too many people miss the silver lining because they're expecting gold.
~Author : Maurice Setter Wise Quotes

The wise man will love; all others will desire.
~Author : Afranius Motivational Sayings

In wilderness is the preservation of the world.
~Author : Henry David Thoreau Famous Quotes

A great many people think they are thinking when they are really rearranging their prejudices.
~Author : Edward R Murrow Inspirational Sayings

Ignorance, apathy, and lethargy cause the most problems in our world. People don't know what's going on, they don't care, and they're too lazy to find out.
~Author : Michael Masukawa Nice Quotes

It is impossible to live without brains, either one's own or borrowed.
~Author : Baltasar Gracian Great Sayings

We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words.
~Author : Anna Sewell Meaningful Sayings

Never expose yourself unnecessarily to danger; a miracle may not save you...and if it does, it will be deducted from your share of luck or merit.
~Author : The Talmud Wise Quotes

None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone.
~Author : Ralph Waldo Emerson Motivational Sayings

You're so goddamned concerned about the civilians, and I don't give a damn. to Secretary of State Henry Kissinger on civilian casualties in Vietnam
~Author : Richard Milhous Nixon Famous Quotes

I'd better get off the phone now, I've already told you more than I heard myself.
~Author : Loretta Lockhorn Inspirational Sayings

If we are to abolish the death penalty, I should like to see the first step taken by my friends the murderers.
~Author : Alphonse Karr Nice Quotes

If I had permitted my failures, or what seemed to me at the time a lack of success, to discourage me I cannot see any way in which I would ever have made progress.
~Author : Calvin Coolidge Great Sayings

You cannot live a perfect day without doing something for someone who will never be able to repay you.
~Author : John Wooden Meaningful Sayings

All the fat guys watch me and say to their wives, 'See, there's a fat guy doing okay. Bring me another beer.'
~Author : Mickey Lolich Wise Quotes

I am who I choose to be. I always have been what I chosethough not always what I pleased.
~Author : Lois McMaster Bujold Motivational Sayings

Bluntness is a virtue.
~Author : Allison Ling Famous Quotes

I cannot give the formula for success, but I can give you the formula of failure - which is try to please everybody.
~Author : Herbert B Swope Inspirational Sayings

No one can possibly know what is about to happen it is happening, each time, for the first time, for the only time.
~Author : James Arthur Baldwin Nice Quotes

Even though quality cannot be defined, you know what quality is.
~Author : Robert Pirsig Great Sayings

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the Universe is for and why it is here, it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarre and inexplicable. There is another theory which states that this has already happened.
~Author : Douglas Adams Meaningful Sayings

The language of friendship is not words but meanings.
~Author : Henry David Thoreau Wise Quotes

When we abolish the slavery of half of humanity, together with the whole system of hypocrisy it implies, then the "division" of humanity will reveal its genuine significance and the human couple will find its true form.
~Author : Simone de Beauvoir The Second Sex 1950 Motivational Sayings

No comments:

Post a Comment